Serving Size: 4
Cooking Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
● 1 ½ lb (680 g) top rump beef roast
● Salt and pepper to taste
● 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
● 3 shallots, minced
● 2 teaspoons minced garlic
● 1 tablespoon green peppercorns
● 2 tablespoons dry sherry
● 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
● 1 cup sodium-free beef broth
1. Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
2. Season the roast with salt and pepper.
3. Place a large-sized skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
4. Brown the beef on all sides and transfer the roast to a baking dish.
5. Roast until desired doneness, about 1½ hours for medium. Roast in the oven for 1 hour and start the sauce.
6. In a large-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté the shallots in the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil until translucent, about 4 minutes.
7. Stir in the garlic and peppercorns, and cook for another minute. Whisk in the sherry to deglaze the pan.
8. Whisk in the flour to thicken, cooking for 1 minute and stirring constantly.
9. Pour in the broth and whisk until the sauce is thick and glossy, about 4 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
10. Serve the beef with a generous spoonful of sauce.
Nutritional Value: Calories 331; Fat 18g; Carbohydrates 2g; Protein 36.1g