Serving Size: 4
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Non-stick cooking spray
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb. turkey breast, ground
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tomato, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, cubes
¼ cup peas, thawed
½ tsp basil, finely chopped
Himalayan pink salt
Black pepper, ground
4 medium red bell peppers, seeds removed
2 oz ricotta cheese, crumbled
¼ cup water
1. Heat the oven to 350°F or gas mark 4. Use non-stick cooking spray to coat a baking dish and set it aside.
2. In a heavy bottom pan, heat the 1 tsp olive oil until hot. Add the ground turkey into the pan and cook for 6
minutes using a fork to break up the ground turkey until it is browned.
3. Add and fry the finely chopped onion, cubed carrots, thawed peas, and crushed garlic for 3 minutes until
softened. Stir in the finely chopped tomato and chopped basil. Season with ground Himalayan pink salt and
ground black pepper.
4. Place the red bell peppers cut side up in the baking dish. Spoon the filling equally into the 4 bell pepper.
Sprinkle the crumbled ricotta cheese on top of the filling.
5. Gently add ¼ cup of water into the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
6. Bake for 40 minutes until the peppers are soft.
Nutritional Value: Calories 280; Fat 14g; Carbohydrates 9g; Protein 24g