Serving Size: 6
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup bread crumbs, or cracker crumbs
1 Tbsp. canola oil
2 tsp. chopped parsley
3 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
6 bone-in pork chops, at least 1-inch thick, and Approximately 2 lbs. total
1. Chop a pocket approximately 11/2-inch deep into the side of each chop for stuffing.
2. Heat oil in frying pan.
3. Stir celery and onion into oil in frying pan. Cook over moderate until soft, stirring regularly.
4. Mix in diced apples. Drizzle with sugar.
5. Cover frying pan. Cook apples over low heat until soft and glazed.
6. Mix in bread crumbs.
7. Mix in salt, pepper, and parsley.
8. Spreading open the pocket in each chop with your fingers, stuff with mixture.
9. Place half of stuffed chops in frying pan. Brown on both sides over moderate to high heat.
10. Take out browned chops to platter. Cover to keep warm.
11. Repeat Step 9 with residual chops.
12. Return other chops to frying pan.
13. Reduce heat. Put in a few tablespoons of water.
14. Cover. Cook slowly over low heat until done, approximately 20-25 minutes.
Nutritional Value: Calories 270; Fat 9g; Carbohydrates 24g; Protein 24g