½ can (from a 15 ounces can) pinto beans
½ small yellow onion, chopped
2 small yellow potatoes, scrubbed, cut into bite-size chunks
1 small zucchini, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 cup lightly packed spinach
½ tablespoon minced garlic
2 cremini mushrooms, chopped
½ red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
1 small carrot, cubed
2 tablespoons vegetable broth or water
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste (optional)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
2. Place potatoes in a bowl. Sprinkle pepper and basil over it and toss well.
3. Spread the potatoes on the baking sheet.
4. Place the baking sheet in the oven and set the timer for about 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
5. For healthy cooking, use broth instead of oil to cook the vegetables. Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add broth, onion, and garlic and cook until soft.
6. Add zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, spinach, potato, cumin, basil, paprika, cayenne pepper, pepper, and pinto beans and mix well. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
7. Serve hot.