Serves: 1 large glass or 2 smaller glasses
1/8 cup hemp seeds
½ ripe banana, sliced
¼ cup pomegranate arils, fresh or frozen
2 cups fresh salad greens or spinach or collard greens or lightly steamed kale
1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
½ tablespoon ground chia seeds
Juice of ½ lime
1 ½ cups filtered water
½ cup frozen strawberries
½ inch fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
A handful fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon flax meal
¼ cup frozen raw broccoli florets
1. Add hemp seeds and about ½ cup of water into the blender.
2. Blend on high speed for about 15 seconds.
3. Add banana, pomegranate, and strawberries and blend for a few more seconds.
4. Add salad greens, cocoa, chia seeds, lime juice, ginger, mint leaves, flax meal, and broccoli into the blender. Pour remaining water.
5. You can steam the broccoli florets if desired.
6. Blend for 30 -40 seconds or until smooth.
7. Pour into a tall glass and serve.
8. Serve right away.