This forum has been closed for new posts.​ Ask & Answer Questions Here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New grading system of CBSE

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Sir,
    I guess implementation of grading system will definitely decrease the stress on student regarding scores. It will reduce competition but on the other hand it will increase the number of student who will get good job opportunities as currently a child getting 97% marks will be given more preference in relative to one getting 90%. But after the implementation of grading system both will have A+ as their score and so both of them will be given equal preference and thus on the basis of interview a positive result will be out. Whereas currently a good score is what matters and not the creativity and other skills that too are equally important.

Also,
    Student getting A+ will be treated studious and good ( in equal terms not like one is better and the other is best ) thus the number of good student would increase and so various options that are currently eligibe for those getting above 95% marks would also be aligible for ones getting above 90% i.e ones getting A+. So, this way a larger number of student would be stress free and would be enjoying the opprtunities which they currently can't dream of.

And competition currently is touching great heights so it has to be reduced and there's nothing bad in that because earlier when the competition was less then too the student were prospering as they are today. And even if there's a need to increase the competition then the board community can put up difficult questions in the exam papers and as required even harder ones can be put, this way less student will get A+ and thus increasing the competition. But atleast that time the competition could be controlled by the board community as required unlike today, where it is increasing every year and has reached so great heights that the student are even comitting suicide. Just for increasing competition we cannot let student commit suicide....

So you see its good if the grading system gets implemented.
    And Yes, I Am Totally in favour of this new grading system that is in thought of being implemented.

The Other Query,
    I think that board exam in Xth shouldn't be made optional but its preference shoud be less then that of board exams Of class XIIth. I have seen various organisations that only demands for class Xth marksheet and not XIIth. It should be like Xth board Exam should just be a kind of rehearsal ( like pre-boards ) for the Exams of class XIIth. This way the student would get the idea of how the board exams are and how should they be faced because in pre-boards we just give exams in our own school and the papers too are checked by the school teachers only so its almost of no use to us.

So i feel that Xth board should remain compulsory but its importance should be reduced whereas XIIth board should be given the highest preference and its importance should be the most.
    Last edited by mayank_aster; 06-30-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: I Forgot to Enter my views about the other query of Xth Boards

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009

go grade system!!!

ya i completely agree with ya. people consider a person who scores 98 better than 97 but really we students know theres no difference at all.and small mistakes for the unlucky guy could cost him his true pride.and the mark system creates too much of a hierarchy.well, i have got a suggestion.. let the grade system be more elaborate i mean to say to include more grades.i know this brings the grade system closer to the mark system but theres one think we have to keep in mind.suppose a+ stands for 90 to 99 so a 90 person and 99 person will be looked at as the same.its really complex i know ,all i hope is that the decision really does some justice to us students!!

Quote Originally Posted by mayank_aster View Post
    Sir,
    I guess implementation of grading system will definitely decrease the stress on student regarding scores. It will reduce competition but on the other hand it will increase the number of student who will get good job opportunities as currently a child getting 97% marks will be given more preference in relative to one getting 90%. But after the implementation of grading system both will have A+ as their score and so both of them will be given equal preference and thus on the basis of interview a positive result will be out. Whereas currently a good score is what matters and not the creativity and other skills that too are equally important.

Also,
    Student getting A+ will be treated studious and good ( in equal terms not like one is better and the other is best ) thus the number of good student would increase and so various options that are currently eligibe for those getting above 95% marks would also be aligible for ones getting above 90% i.e ones getting A+. So, this way a larger number of student would be stress free and would be enjoying the opprtunities which they currently can't dream of.

And competition currently is touching great heights so it has to be reduced and there's nothing bad in that because earlier when the competition was less then too the student were prospering as they are today. And even if there's a need to increase the competition then the board community can put up difficult questions in the exam papers and as required even harder ones can be put, this way less student will get A+ and thus increasing the competition. But atleast that time the competition could be controlled by the board community as required unlike today, where it is increasing every year and has reached so great heights that the student are even comitting suicide. Just for increasing competition we cannot let student commit suicide....

So you see its good if the grading system gets implemented.
    And Yes, I Am Totally in favour of this new grading system that is in thought of being implemented.

The Other Query,
    I think that board exam in Xth shouldn't be made optional but its preference shoud be less then that of board exams Of class XIIth. I have seen various organisations that only demands for class Xth marksheet and not XIIth. It should be like Xth board Exam should just be a kind of rehearsal ( like pre-boards ) for the Exams of class XIIth. This way the student would get the idea of how the board exams are and how should they be faced because in pre-boards we just give exams in our own school and the papers too are checked by the school teachers only so its almost of no use to us.

So i feel that Xth board should remain compulsory but its importance should be reduced whereas XIIth board should be given the highest preference and its importance should be the most.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009

hi nitya here, i just want to say that in the grading system students are identified to which range they come and inbetweens are never mentioned. To put it across there might not be a change of difference to a student who has scored say 85.5% or 85.7%.the grading system will remove this sort of small differences and the student will not be forced to be compared with another student and get an advantage over another student in getting admissions to a prefered institution nor the teacher will be biased in their attitude. Most important it will try to weed out the abuse melted on students who are slow in expressing their thoughts in front of a group.Teachers now will have to be extra careful in grading and cannot be partial at all.Hope the grading system comes to stay. All the best

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009

regarding grading system and optional tenth

I'm a student of 11th science. I've just passed out tenth.I heard the newz regarding grading system & optional tenth.
    well I thnk these both ideas are totaly flop.
    grading sysytem will put down all the competition. It will make the weak students more weak insted of improoving them. moreover this wud nt diffentiate between the excellent & outstanding.
    It just like what we call in hindi gadhe ghode ek barabar.
    My % was 86.4 & I'm treted leeser than my friend who has scored just 2 marks more than me. & its fair enough as she had studied more seriously than me.
    moreover by optionizing tenth board wont be beneficial either. uptil 10th we clear our basics. & boards judge our position at natioal level.
    so I thnk these reforms wud help students

5. Join Date
    May 2009

Thomas j Kappen sent this message via e-mail

I am mailing this from cooperative public school.
    My name is Thomas j Kappen and I am the principal here.

according to me the the 10th class examination should be compulsory for all as a Board Examination. Let children learn to face certain tensions in life; for life ahead is not going to be free of all tensions. Parents and teachers should be educated to keep the tension level at the optimum level.

Writing examination is an art. Let them - the sudents - get used to it.

Thoroughness of study will be more if the students are trained to take a board examination.

Thank you very much
    Sincerely
    Thomas J Kappen

6. Join Date
    May 2009

I am mailing this from cooperative public school.
    My name is Thomas j Kappen and I am the principal here.

This is in continuation of my previous letter.

As far as ONE NATION - ONE BOARD is concerned, it is high time that we have that impemented. High variation of marks and high variation of of standard is happening. that is on the positive side.

On the negative side, One Board for the nation may stifle creativity and variety. WE NEED TO DEBATE THIS A LOT MORE

Sincerely
    Thomas J Kappen

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Dear concerned authorities,
    it is my humble request that you please do not implement the grading system in Cbse classes 10 to 12.
    I completely understand that you must be trying to implement the grading system just to decline the competition in the educational field. But, according to me, this is a really hopeless 'and senselessidea since this wil;l not decrease the competition but infact instill in the students a feeling of " i got a high grade" which will rather make them feel that since i got a good grade, it is now necessary for me to work hard in this particular subject.
    Moreover this grading system will hide the differnce between a "good" and an "extrordinary" student.
    as a student of class 10 , it is my personal view that neither the board exams should be made optional nor a grading system should be alloted in schools.

8. Join Date
    May 2009

Hii I am Gaurav. I think the new pattern of grading system & making the 10th standard boards exams optional is not a good thing to do. It will reduce the spirit of competition among the students as the student scoring 90.2% marks will be given the same grade with the student scoring 97%. So it also cannot separate the BEST from the REST. & yeah making the exams optional is also not the right step because the careless students who study only because of the boards pressure will obviously try to skip it. And as far as the Suicide cases are concerned some other steps can also be taken to tackle this problem.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010

cbse grading system

The move to imply grading system is definitely a bane as it leaves a vacuum hard to be filled in the age of global competition.It is like you are removing a weight from the head of a student and putting a another weight on him.The students will face much more stress in the senior secondary exams.Also the grading g will produce lakhs of directionless youths who will not be able to know their competencies.While there is so much pressure on one side,grafting system should not be implied.It is a standard that every child must clear.if grading system is implied students will not be mentally equipped to face universities exams and later the pressure on the job.Hence.the move to imply such a system is may be proved not to remove the stress but just postponing it.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Ask Questions

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011

theres no news abt 12th cbse grading. also i dont think that wud ever b applied in 2012... coz u urself think if this happens how wud b admissions in colleges be done... if this is so.. then 4 every course they wud hv 2 set an enterance test... n in the near future i dont think its possible!

__________________________________________________ ______________________
    Overseas consultants in India
    Last edited by adamricky; 07-30-2011 at 06:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread