½ can (from a 15 ounces can) pinto beans, rinsed, drained
1 tablespoon chickpea flour
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon tomato paste
½ tablespoon water
1/8 cup vital wheat gluten
1/8 cup finely chopped mushrooms
¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
¼ teaspoon sage
Pepper to taste
½ teaspoon maple syrup
Salt to taste
Oil to cook, as required
1. Mash pinto beans in a mixing bowl using a fork until smooth.
2. Add chickpea flour, onion powder, rosemary, tomato paste, vital wheat gluten, mushrooms, fennel seeds, sage, pepper, maple syrup, and salt, and mix well.
3. Make 5 equal portions of the dough and shape them into balls. Now roll the balls in between your palms into a cylindrical shape. Place them on a plate.
4. Place a pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon or two of oil and let it heat.
5. Place the sausage links in the pan and cook until golden brown and crisp. Make sure to turn the links every couple of minutes.
6. Serve hot. Cool the leftovers completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
7. Reheat in a pan and serve