Serving Size: 4
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
4 (4 oz) chicken breasts, deboned and skinless
Himalayan pink salt, ground
Black pepper, ground
1 tbsp olive oil
½ red onion, finely chopped
½ medium red, green, and yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 cup chicken broth, low in salt
2 tsp thyme, chopped
¼ cup coconut cream
1 tbsp plant-based butter
1 spring onion, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to a heat of 375°F gas mark 5.
2. Season the chicken breasts with ground Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper.
3. In a large ovenproof frying pan on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and cook until hot.
4. Lightly brown the chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side. Place the chicken breasts onto a rimmed plate to rest.
5. In the same pan, fry the finely chopped onion until translucent, add the sliced red, green and yellow peppers and fry for 3 minutes until softened.
6. Pour in the chicken broth and chopped thyme. Simmer for 6 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
7. Mix in the coconut cream and the plant-based butter and return the chicken breasts and any accumulated
juices on the plate into the pan. Allow thickening.
8. Place the ovenproof pan into the oven and bake for 10 minutes until cooked through.
9. Serve hot with the chopped spring onion.
Nutritional Value: Calories 287; Fat 14g; Carbohydrates 4g; Protein 34g