Serves: 2 – 4
½ can (15 ounces each) white beans, drained, rinsed
½ tablespoon white miso paste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
A pinch paprika
1 cup sliced bell peppers
1 tablespoon tahini paste
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
A pinch of ground cumin
½ tablespoon olive oil, divided
4 whole-wheat tortillas
Salt to taste
Any other toppings of your choice
1. Blend together beans, miso, lemon juice, ¼ tablespoon oil, salt, paprika, cumin, tahini, and nutritional yeast in a food processor until very smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl. Taste the mixture and add salt and spices if needed.
3. Pour the remaining oil into a pan and place the pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, drop the peppers into the pan and cook until soft. Transfer the peppers onto a plate.
4. Wipe the pan with a paper towel and place it over medium heat.
5. Smear some of the bean mixture on a tortilla and keep it in the pan, with the bean mixture side on top.
6. Scatter half the bell peppers over the tortilla. Spread some of the bean mixture on another tortilla and invert it over the tortilla in the pan (the bean side will be down).
7. Press slightly. Cook until the underside is golden brown. Turn the quesadilla over and cook the other side as well.
8. Remove the quesadilla from the pan and cut it into wedges.
9. Cook the other quesadilla similarly.
10. Serve with any of the suggested serving options.