Serving Size: 4
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb. rib eye steak, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup brandy or dry white wine
¾ cup beef stock
1 tsp whole-grain mustard
½ cup sour cream
Himalayan pink salt, ground
Black pepper, ground
¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
1. Heat the prepared olive oil in a large heavy bottom pan over high heat until hot.
2. Add the steak and fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until semi-cooked through. Place into a dish.
3. Cook the sliced onion and sliced mushrooms for 5 minutes, until tender.
4. Carefully add the brandy or white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom.
Cook for approximately about 1 minute for the alcohol to evaporate.
5. Add the beef stock and whole-grain mustard and bring to a simmer, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until reduced.
6. Return the beef to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Remove the large-sized pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream. Season with ground Himalayan pink
salt and ground black pepper.
8. Place the cooked beef and mushrooms onto a serving dish, and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Nutritional Value: Calories 328; Fat 20g; Carbohydrates 8g; Protein 28g